Buying Running Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis? Here’s All You Should Know
Category: Professional Running Tips
Do you have Plantar Fasciitis and considering buying Running Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis? You will be interested in reading this informative article with important tips.
Plantar Fasciitis is a condition of the foot, which can result in pain in the bottom of your foot whenever you walk or run. Most of the pain is centered near the inside of the heel, but as the condition worsens may result in pain clear across the bottom of your foot.
What Is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar Fasciitis is caused by tears in the fibrous tissues known as the Faciitis that run from the heels to the toes. This tissue when torn can no longer provide support for the muscles and arch of the foot. This condition can make the act of walking and running extremely painful.
Runners who suffer from Plantar Fasciitis either need to find special running shoes for Plantar Fasciitis or end giving up running completely due to the pain.
What Are The Causes Of Plantar Fasciitis
There are believed to be several things that can cause Plantar Fasciitis including the following:
- Worn out shoes with thin soles
- flat feet or high arches that don’t offer the support your feet needs
- Prolonged periods of wearing high heeled shoes
- unusual foot positions when standing or walking
- Spending long hours on your feet each day
The causes of Plantar Fasciitis can be made worse if you are overweight or go running wearing shoes that don’t properly support you arches.
Prevention and Treatment Methods for Plantar Fasciitis
There are several things you can do to help prevent developing plantar fasciitis including:
- Buy proper fitting shoes that support your arches properly.
- Avoid wearing worn out shoes with thin soles or whose arch support has worn down
- When sitting pull your toes up towards you knees as often as possible to help stretch your calves and Achilles tendon.
- Take breaks from wearing high heel shoes
If you have already developed Plantar Fasciitis there are some treatments that can help give you some relief. These treatments include:
- Resting the affect foot as much as possible
- Taking NSAIDS to reduce swelling
- Soaking feet in ice water for 10 or 15 minutes to ease pain
- Steroid Injections if the pain is really bad
- Physical therapy to help heal you feet
- Plantar Fasciitis support brace that is designed to be worn over your sock and provides added support for the arch area.
- Night splints to wear at night to help heal the torn tissue
- Purchasing special walking or running shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Shock wave therapy
- Tenex Proceedure
- Surgery ( rare but does occur when the pain can’t be relieved any other way.)
Plantar Fasciitis And Running: How Does Plantar Fasciitis Affect Someone’s Running Ability And Effectiveness?
If you are a runner whether running for exercise or training to run a marathon, the severity of your Plantar Fasciitis will determine how much this condition will affect your ability to run and the effectiveness of any running you do.
Most experienced runners are used to running while experiencing some pain so mild Plantar Fasciitis may not affect your running ability or your workouts very much. After running most runners with mild Plantar Fasciitis will ice their feet to reduce the swelling, and purchase special running shoes for Plantar Fasciitis.
They also tend to focus their warm up exercises on their calves, ankles and feet to help keep these areas loose and the blood flowing to reduce stress on the affected tissue and help their feet heal faster.
More severe cases of Plantar Fasciitis (especially for new runners) may cause enough pain that runners end up running with a limping gait affecting both their speed and their form. In some cases, the pain may be so excruciating that they quit running for weeks, months, or even years.
Even those who continue running must spend several days between each workout recovering from the pain and even end up causing more damage to their feet.
Should the damage be severe enough a runner may have to give up running permanently.
Why Do You Need To Make Sure You Buy Special Running Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis
While there are no actual running shoes designed for people with Plantar Fasciitis, there are shoes that have the right features to help alleviate or prevent foot pain when running.
Finding shoes with the right features will reduce the pain if you suffer when running and give your feet the support they need to help them heal.
6 Tips for Choosing Running Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis
If you are a runner or want to run and have Plantar Fasciitis here are some tips for finding the best running shoes for Plantar Fasciitis.
1. Find a shoe that offers the right support for either your flat feet or your high arches.
2. You want a shoe that has less flexibility in the center of the shoe (grasp the toe of the shoe with one hand and the heel with the other and bend upward. If the shoe bends in the center then it has too much flexibility to be suitable for those with Plantar Fasciitis.)
3. Look for a shoe with plenty of cushioning that will help reduce the impact of running.
4. Look for a shoe that has shock absorption. The arch area of your foot takes the most shock when you are running, so finding a shoe with adequate shock absorption will reduce the pain and the swelling of Plantar Fasciitis.
5. Choose a shoe with a deep heel cup
6. Make sure that the shoe you choose fits well and laces tightly to your foot.
Many runners suffer from from Plantar Fasciitis, which can cause pain when walking or running. Treating Plantar Fasciitis can heal the initial problem, but the condition can reoccur unless you take steps to prevent the occurrence of the pain.
In addition, finding the best running shoe for Plantar Fasciitis will help reduce the risk of your Plantar Fasciitis from reoccurring and may even help to prevent the condition from occurring in the first place.
You can browse here for more Best Women’s Running Shoes, Best Men’s Running Shoes, Best Women’s Trail Running & Hiking Shoes or Boots, and the Best Men’s Trail Running & Hiking Shoes or Boots.
Related posts & articles:
It does not matter whether you live in a rural area, a small town or a large city, you can enjoy the many health and other benefits of jogging as an exercise. You can jog as a part of…
In order to make sure that you buy special running shoes for supination you need to know what qualities to look for in the perfect running shoes for you to help correct this condition. This article is designed to…
Are you tired of not seeing results from your current weekly exercise plan? Whether you are trying to lose or gain weight, your workout routine demands a dose of variety. In today’s society, it is so…
What makes the best running shoes that make any runner or jogger enjoy running with utmost comfort? This article will help to give you some tips and advice on how to pick the best and perfect running shoes for you….
How would you track your daily calories intake and how many calories you burned while exercising? It all comes down to picking the right and best fitness activity tracker. So this article will help and provide you with best…
If you are using an elliptical to workout and lose weight, am sure you are asking yourself: how accurate are elliptical calorie counters? Sometimes people can get preoccupied with how many calories their ellipticals say they’re burning. Burning calories means weight loss,…
Speed training is an important part of any sport and it can also be beneficial to anyone who is trying to improve their overall fitness. Speed training not only helps you to run faster, but can help you improve the…
Are you optimizing your daily schedule to its fullest potential? If you are someone who works out on a daily basis, you probably understand the importance of having a set schedule daily workout routine. However, in today’s…
For years fitness watches were to be used by men and fitness watches for women were practically unheard of – forcing women who wanted a watch to track their fitness to wear fitness watches designed and made for…
Many people looking for wonder what the most important feature they should consider. It has hard to argue that having the best noise canceling headphones when you are exercising at the gym or doing your routine jogging exercise makes all the…
Best Under Armour Running Shoes For Women Category: Running & Jogging Gear
Your guide to the best workout bags and cheap gym bags for both male and females Also Recommended For You: Best Wireless Earbuds For Working Out: Listing Guide 10 Best Garmin GPS Running Watches To Buy For Your…
Running is a tough task to ace, but when you have one of these 10 Best Running Shoes For Men by your side, your experience will surely become one of a kind. From sore muscles to extreme exhaustion, committing ourselves completely to…
Are you looking for the best wireless earbuds for working out and exercise? Here is a quick listing guide to some of the top best bluetooth and wireless earbuds all your workouts and for the gym.
Top Best Puma Running Shoes For Men: Buyer’s Listing Guide Category: Running & Jogging Gear