Fitbit Flex vs Flex 2: Which Fitness Tracker Is Better?
Category: Fitness Trackers
Fitbit is known primarily for their fitness trackers with one of their biggest battles being between the Fitbit Flex vs Flex 2 fitness tracking wristbands.
Fitbit trackers monitor such data as steps walked, heart rate, quality of sleep, steps climbed and other important information during your workouts.
Fitbit Flex vs Flex 2: Comparison Review
When comparing the Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband, Black,... to the Flex 2 the first thing you need to keep in mind is that you are comparing the first generation of this fitness tracking wristband to the second generation so these two fitness activity bands will have a lot in common and some differences as well.
For starters the Fitness Flex and the Flex 2 are both the first fitness bands by this company that were designed to be worn on the wrist.
They both have removable modules for cleanings and neither have heart rate monitoring.
However, as one would expect the Flex 2 is a nicer, more comfortable and better functioning fitness band than the Fitbit Flex.
For starters the Flex 2 is smaller and sleeker than it’s predecessor and whereas the Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Wristband is water resistant the Flex 2 is actually waterproof up to 50 meters.
In the Fitbit Flex vs Flex 2 while the Flex has a built-in accelerator and tracks steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, sleep and minutes you are active each day the Flex 2 does much more including autotracking such activities as walking, running, biking, swimming and aerobic exercises.
The Flex 2 also alerts you to notifications of calls and texts.
Key Features of the Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Wristband
In the comparison battle of Fitbit Flex vs Flex 2 to make the best decision on which wristband is best for you need to understand the key features of each fitness band.
So here is a look at the features of the Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Wristband.
- The Fitbit Flex comes with your choice of several different stylish colors of rubber wristbands and you often get your choice of 2 wristbands with each Fitbit Flex you purchase.
- This fitness band syncs to wireless tablets, computers, Smart phones, and several iOS systems, Android, Windows and Bluetooth.
- The Fitbit Flex is water resistant allowing you to wear your band when taking showers or doing dishes, but not when swimming or spending a good deal of time with your hands and wrists under water.
- There are LED lights on the Fitbit Flex light up as you work towards your daily fitness goals so that you know how you are doing as you work out.
- The Flex tracks your activities all day long including tracking your steps, distance you’ve traveled, the calories you burned and shows you how close you are to reaching your daily fitness goals. It also tracks your sleep and wakes you silently in the morning.
- It has battery life of 5 days
Key Features of the Flex 2 Smart Fitness Activity Tracker
Now that you know the key features of the Fitbit Flex in order to understand why the Fitbit Flex vs Flex 2 needs to be compared you also need to know the key features of the Fitbit Flex 2, Navy (US Version).
- The Flex 2 comes with an ultra thin band that comes in your choice of a few colors and has a surgical stainless steel clasp
- This fitness band is waterproof making it a great fitness tracker for tracking your swimming strokes
- The Flex 2 Smart Track feature automatically selects your workouts and records them to your Fitbit app so you can review them later.
- The Flex 2 uses color-coded LED lights to alert you of call and text notifications.
- This fitness tracker tracks both the length and the quality of your sleep and even has a silent alarm.
- This tracker tracks steps, distance traveled, calories burned and the minutes you are active each day.
- The Flex 2’s battery life lasts 7-10 days.
Fitbit Flex vs Flex 2: What Are The Differences
The Fitbit Flex 2 Smart Fitness Activity Tracker is the first generation of this fitness tracker with the Flex 2 being the second generation, so as you would expect the Flex 2 is bound to have some improvements over the Flex simply because the company was looking to improve their product.
What is the difference between the two trackers in the Fitbit Flex vs Flex 2?
The Fitbit Flex 2 Smart Fitness Activity Tracker is waterproof allowing for tracking when swimming whereas the Flex is not and may even quit working if you forget to take it off.
The Fitbit Flex 2 can be worn either on the wrist or as a pendant while the Flex can only be worn on the wrist.
In addition the Flex 2 has SmartTrack and the original Flex does not.
The Flex 2 is also slimmer and less noticeable and fits more comfortably especially when worn when sleeping.
When it comes to price, the Fitbit Flex 2 is normally, but not always higher priced than the original Fitbit Flex, but it does pay to shop around to get the best place on both.
In the comparison battle between the Fitbit Flex vs Flex 2 which one is better for you depends on a great many things including what type of fitness routine you want the device to function for.
If swimming is something you want to track then the Flex 2 will certainly be the tracker of choice. However if you are simply looking to track the number of steps you take each day and the calories burned either tracker will meet those needs.
Suffice it to note that regardless of the comparison and differences between the Fitbit Flex vs the Flex 2 at the end of the day it will all come down to your personal choice.
|Find Your Fitness Accessories & Essentials:|
|› Fitbit Store||› Garmin Fitness Store|
|› Apple Fitness Store||› Shop NIKE Store|
|› Best Athletic Sneakers||› Best Women’s Sports Watches|
|› Best Men’s Athletic Watches||› Shop SUUNTO Fitness Tech|
|› Best Running Watches||› Shop Beats By Dre Headphones|
|› Best Running Waist Packs||› Women’s Running Shoes|
Related posts & articles:
Best Fitness Activity Tracker Wristbands
Leave your vote
Interested in more options in this category? Check out our extended product listing below:
Last update on 2021-07-24 : Disclosure: We may earn a small fee on qualified purchases made through links on this blog