10 Best Road Bikes Under 1000: Smart Savings & Buying Guide
Looking to save on your next road bike as you amp up your outdoor cycling for exercise? You may have to take a look at these 10 Best Road Bikes Under 1000 featured in our Smart Savings & Buying Guide.
Whether you are looking for a road bike for commuting to work, or simply making short trips around town finding a road bike that performs well without costing an arm leg is the first step in getting a road bike that will provide you with an inexpensive travel option and a means of daily exercise.
Here is a look at our ultimate savings and buying guide to the 10 Best Road Bikes Under $1000.
10 Best Road Bikes Under 1000: Ultimate Savings Guide
One of the best road bikes under 1000 is the Tommaso Imola Endurance Aluminum Road Bike, Shimano Claris....
This bike is a mid priced road bike that features:
- Shimano gears (known as some of the most well made gears for bikes.)
- The shifters, crank, derailleurs, and brakes are all 2018 R2000 claris
- 24 speed bike
- Lightweight aluminum frame that comes with a lifetime warranty
- Lightweight wheels
- Tires are 700X25
- Steel bike fork
- Comes in three stunning colors; black, white, and burnt orange
This bike is rated around 4.5 on Amazon and here are some of the pros and cons of this bike.
- Users really like the price that this bike is sold for and state that the bike is well worth its moderate price.
- Many users state that the bike that is stylish and compares in looks too much more expensive bikes.
- Users find that the Tommaso Imala Endurance Aluminum Road Bike is easy to shift. Ease of shifting seems to be something most bike riders are looking for.
- This bike is easy to use for those people who have never had a road bike before.
- Wheels and seats for this bike are incredibly uncomfortable.
- Poor warranty on this bike
- Several uses found that parts of this bike, spoke, pedal etc. broke within a few days of using it.
This SAVADECK Carbon Road Bike, Warwinds3.0 700C Carbon Fiber... is another one of the best road bikes under 1000 to be found.
The bike is fairly close to the $1000 dollar price point of this article making it med priced road bike for riding to work or spending a weekend getting a bit of exercise.
This bike features:
- A number of color choices such as blue, grey, orange and red
- Comes in sizes 44cm to 54cm
- It has a ToRay T800 Carbon fiber frame, fork and seat post
- Shimano Sora 18 speed with shifter lever and front and rear derailleurs
- Aerodynamically contoured seat post and tubes
- Tapered head tubes
- 6061 alloy 40mm bearing wheelset
- Continental Ultra Sport II wire 700X25C tires
The SAVADECK carbon road bike receives slightly less than 4.5 stars on Amazon reviews. Some of the pros and cons customers mention included:
- Users find this bike to well built and lightweight
- They like the looks and the way this bike rides
- Many of those who reviewed this bike stated that they like the quality of this bike and were impressed to be able get a carbon bike at this price.
- Several users pointed out that this bike shifts smoothly.
- Users find that free pedals that come with this bike is extremely poor.
- The tires on this bike seem to be of poor quality.
The Tommaso Monza Endurance Aluminum Road Bike, Carbon Fork,... falls just below the $1000 cut off for bicycles in this review.
Looking at the reviews the Monza is definitely one of the best road bikes under 1000 you can buy. Made from good quality materials this bike has a number of features worth noting.
- It comes in your choice of one of two colors either matte black or blue
- The bike comes in various sizes from XS to XL Each size accommodates a small height range. For example the XS bike should fit people who are between 5’2” and 5’6” tall.Mo
- This bike has a lightweight aluminium frame, which is nice if you have to carry this bike up and down apartment stairs.
- The bike offers 20 speeds
- It has a 50/34T Tiagra compact crank shaft and 11X32T Tiagra Cassette
- It also has Shimano Tiagra STI shifters and premium compact handlebars.
It is recommended that assembly be done by a professional.
The Tommaso Monza Endurance Aluminium Road Bike scores excellent reviews on Amazon with a current rating of 4.7. While there are a lot of pros for this bike there are very little cons, but here is a look at both the pros and cons.
- Most people who purchased this bike stated that the bike rides smoothly
- Shifts smoothly
- Surprisingly this one of the few road bikes that customers stated had comfortable seat.
- Brakes are very responsive
- The only complaint regarding this bike is that the brakes are cheap.
The Raleigh Bikes Merit 3 Endurance Road Bike barely sneaks in as one of the best road bikes under 1000 and may if prices go up occasionally be over the $1000 dollar limit.
This bike has some nice features including:
- This bike comes into sizes 52cm and 54cm.
- The frame is made from lightweight aluminum and has built-n rack and fender mounts.
- The Merit 3 also has a carbon fiber fork and aluminum alloy steering
- Shimano 105 Drive train is also one of the features of this bike along with TRP Spyre C dual activated mechanical disc brakes.
- 22 speeds
- 700X 28c tires
- Pedals are included with the bike
- This bike also comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame for the original purchaser only.
- Weinmann XC 180 double wall
There are only a few Raleigh Bikes Merit 3 Endurance Road Bike reviews to be found and this bike gets good reviews 4.4 stars on Amazon.
Here is a look at what users liked and didn’t like regarding this bike.
- Several users find that this bike handles well whether on the straight flat road or climbing up hills.
- Due to the smooth handling the Merit 3 is a pretty speedy bike making it more fun to ride so users tend to get more exercise because they ride the bike more.
- The Bike shifts smoothly
- The bike has a comfortable seat
- Users find that this bike take a lot of adjustment before it is able to be ridden.
- Some beginners find that this bike brakes hard.
The Tommaso Sterrata Shimano Claris R2000 Gravel Adventure Bike... make work well on gravel it is also one of the best road bikes under 1000 you will be able to find.
This bike is the perfect commuter bike during the week, and then can double for more enjoyable countryside rides to get in a bit of exercise during the weekend.
This bike comes in matte black with gold accents and is loaded with the following features:
- Compact Aluminium Frame
- Carbon fiber fork
- 3X8 Shimano Claris groupset w/30/39/50T Claris Crankset and 12X25 T Claris cassette
- 24 speeds
- Tommaso TC-30D rims with 28 spokes
- Avid BB5 brakes
- Premium compact handlebars
- Standard platform pedals
- New 2019 700 X 490c tires
- This bike comes with a lifetime warranty for both the frame and the fork
- Comes in sizes XS to XL for people who are 5’2” tall to 6’5” tall make sure you select the right bike for you.
There are only a limited number of reviews for the Tommaso Sterrata Shimano Claris R2000 Gravel Adventure Bike but what reviews are available are quite good with this bike currently earning a 4.4 rating on Amazon.
Here is a look at what some users liked and didn’t like about this bike:
- This bike is great for some trail riding, touring and commuting making it a good all around bike.
- The look of this bike is pretty impressive to most people who purchased this bike.
- Users find this bike to be a good value
- The bike has a solid frame and provides a smooth ride
- Some users found the freewheel and brakes quite noisy.
The Schwinn Fastback 1 Performance Road Bike for Intermediate to... comes in gray and your choice of size 45cm, 48cm, 51cm, and 57cm.
Considered to be one of the best road bikes under 1000 this bike features:
- Schwinn N Litened Platinum hydroformed Aluminum frame with Schwinn carbon race fork for riders who are looking for a fitness driven bike.
- This bike comes with a 22 peed Shimano 105 drivetrain along with Shimano 105 STI shifters.
- Alloy 50/34T compact crank for premium gearing and efficient shifting
- Shimano BR5800 Front and Rear Brakes and Shimano 105 Brake levers are designed so this bike stops in all conditions including wet and slippery roads.
- 28mm tire clearance with rack and fender mounts
- Schwinn S1 roadstem, road race saddle and double gel bar tape
- This bike weighs 20.5 pounds
Although Schwinn is one of the most recognizable names in the biking room the Schwinn Fastback 1 Professional Road Bike only scores fair reviews with only 3.7 stars ratings on Amazon.
Here is a look at some of the things bike riders like and don’t like regarding the Schwinn Fastback 1 Professional Road Bike.
- Users who like this bike feel that it is a good value giving you a quality bike at a reasonable price.
- Many people who purchased this bike find this bike comfortable and easy to ride and several riders have logged in over 3 digits worth of miles on this bike with no problems.
- Some users feel that the Fastback 1 lacks quality even for the price
- Other users report that this bike makes strange noises and there have been incidents where parts break after only a few weeks or months of use.
The Tommaso Fascino - Sport Performance Aluminum Road Bike,... is a nice looking lower priced road bike that is considered to be one of the best road bikes for under 1000.
This bike comes in matte black and ranges ins sizes from XS to L accommodating people who are between 5’2” and 6’2.”
Features of this bike include:
- The Fascino has a lightweight frame and comes with a lifetime warranty on that frame as well as lightweight wheels.
- It also features 3X7 Shimano drivetrain and Shimano shifters and premium compact handlebars.
- The bike has 21 speeds and weighs 24 pounds
- It also has a Tommaso custom saddle and standard platform pedals
- The Tommaso Corsa TC20 rims and Tommaso freno dual pivot brakes
Reviews for the Tommaso Fascino Sports Performance Aluminium Road Bike are quite good with this bike receiving a 4.5 star review on Amazon.
Overall most users like the Tommaso Fascino Sports Performance Aluminium Road Bike and find a lot of good things to recommend this bike and very little to complain about.
Here is a look at the pros and cons owners found with this road bike:
- Most users find this bike to be nice looking (although one or two didn’t like the matte black)
- Users find this bike to fast and reliable with some reviewers stating they have ridden this bike for 100 or several hundred of miles.
- People who bought this bike find the frame of the Fascino to be stable.
- One user found this bike to be a little heavy
A highly affordable road bike the Tommaso Forcella Endurance Aluminum Road Bike, Carbon Fork,... comes in your choice of either matte black or matte white. Designed to be a high performance road bike an a highly affordable price the Forcella is one of the best road bikes under 1000 out there.
This bike features:
- A lightweight aluminium compact frame with a HCT carbon fork. There is a lifetime warranty on both the frame and the fork
- 3X8 Shimano Claris groupset with 30/39/50T Claris crankset and a 12X25T Claris cassette
- Shimano Claris STI shifters designed for different terrains and all weather conditions
- Premium compact handlebars
- 700X28c tires
- This bike has 24 speeds
- The Forcella runs in sizes between XXS and XL and accommodates riders between the heights of 4’10” and 6’5”
The Tommaso Forcella Endurance Aluminium Road Bike is designed for riders of all skill levels and all different heights.
This bike gets good reviews scoring 4.2 stars on Amazon. People who have purchased and ridden this bike have found this bike to be excellent in some areas and not so good in others.
Here is a look at the pros and cons of this bike:
- First time users of road bikes find this bike to be an excellent entry level road bike
- Several users state that this bike is great for city riding
- A few users stated that this bike has features normally found on higher priced bikes
- There are only two major complaints that users had regarding the Tommaso Forcella the seat, which is uncomfortable for most users and the brakes, which are of poor quality.
The Raleigh Bikes Merit 2 Endurance Road Bike, Silver,... comes in 2 sizes 52cm or 54cm and one color white with red trim.
This very reasonable priced bike is one of the very best road bikes for under 1000.
The Merit 2 is designed for those just beginning to explore the joys of road bikes and features:
- This bike has a lightweight aluminium frame and fork with built-in rack and fender mounts
- The Merit 2 comes with a Shimano Claris 8 speed shifters after 16 gear combinations
- TRP Sprye C dual Actuated Mechanical disc brakes makes this road bike easy to stop
- Weinmann XC180 doublewall wheelset and Clement Strada LGG 700X28c tires helps the Merit 2 be more stable on the road
- This bike weighs around 23.5 pounds
- It also comes with pedals included
- The Merit 2 also comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame for the original owner only.
Although the Raleigh Bikes Merit 2 Endurance Road Bike is not loaded with features, it nonetheless gets extremely good ratings being awarded 4.6 on Amazon.
Users found a lot they liked about this bike including:
- Most users find this to be a solid entry level road bike
- Users are also impressed with this bike’s disc brakes and how well they function
- People who purchased this bike state that it is a good bike for commuting and for improving their fitness.
- The Merit 2 is a solid all around bike that sells for an exceptionally good price.
The Pure Cycles Classic 16-Speed Road Bike, Bonette Blue,... is a very inexpensive road bike that comes in Bonette blue with red and yellow accents and comes in sizes XS to XXL and accommodates riders who are 4’11” to 6’4” tall.
Surprisingly this Pure Cycles classic road bike has a number of nice features for bike in this price range.
Those features include:
- 4130 chromoly steel frameset for racing, touring or commuting
- This bike comes with 16 speed Shimano Claris STI shifters, cassette and derailleur
- 700c Hutchinson Nitro II tires
- This bike also has front and rear caliper brakes, a 3 piece crankset and 17mm alloy rims with stainless steel spokes
- This Pure Cycles Classic road bike has an adjustable bar with various hand position and gel-padded tape
- It also has a performance designed road saddle.
Surprisingly this Pure Cycles Classic 16 speed road bike gets extremely good reviews, especially for a bike in this price range.
People who purchased this bike were quite pleased with it and it has earned 4.4 rating on Amazon.
Pros and Cons of this road bike include:
- This bike sells for an exceptionally good price.
- Users find this bike to be solidly built
- This bike shifts smoothly and is easy to ride.
- Most users find this bike easy to assemble, but does need to be fine tuned.
- A couple of people who purchased this bike stated that they suffered broken spokes after only owning the bike a short period of time.
If you are looking for the an affordable road bike for commuting and exercising you should consider one of these 10 Best Road Bikes Under 1000 that we have reviewed in this smart savings and buying guide.
Enjoy your ride!
|Find your Favorite Bikes & Bike Accessories:|
|› Shop Diamondback Bikes||› Shop Eurobike|
|› Shop Best Cycling Gear||› Shop Schwinn Bikes|
|› Shop Mongoose Bikes||› Shop sixthreezero Bikes|
|› Shop Electric Bikes||› Shop Mountain Bikes|
|› Shop Bicycle gps Computers||› Shop Men’s Cycling Shoes|
|› Shop Road Bikes||› Shop Hybrid Bikes|
|› › Shop Cruiser Bikes||› Shop BMX Bikes|
|› Shop Handheld GPS Units||› Shop Bike Helmets|
Recommended posts & articles for you:
Best Road Bikes
Interested in more options in this category? Check out our extended product listing below:
Last update on 2021-04-16 : Disclosure: We may earn a small fee on qualified purchases made through links on this blog