7 Best Peloton Alternatives You Can Buy At A Cheaper Price
Think you have to buy the Peloton bike to enjoy intense cardio workouts? We have reviewed the 7 Best Peloton Alternatives You Can Buy At A Cheaper Price that will afford you similar fitness or weight loss results!
Let’s face it – we have all heard about the Peloton Bike but the fact is that not everyone can afford it – besides, there are other cheaper and affordable exercise bikes similar to Peloton bikes that are available on the market we should not ignore.
So included in this buying guide are reviews of the best alternatives to Peloton bikes that we want our readers and exercise enthusiasts to be keep in mind that we believe will give you similar or even better results and a better bang for your hard earned buck.
If you have taken a spin bike class at the gym and want to use one of these bikes at home, then you likely are going to want to an excellent bike that gives you the type of experience you are looking for.
Peloton was the first spin bikes for home use that allowed owners to take live spin classes online or choose to take past classes by their favorite instructors, making this the best spin bike on the market for many years.
However, it didn’t take long for other exercise equipment manufacturers to begin making stationary bikes that could compete with the Peloton bikes and here is a look at the best Peloton alternatives on the market today.
What Makes Peloton Bikes Popular?
From the moment Peloton bikes hit the market these bikes were extremely popular. This stationary fairly compact spin bike is known for it’s magnetic resistance that results in a smooth comfortable ride.
This bike is Wi-Fi Ethernet enabled so you can actually take live cycling classes as they are happening. You can also gain access to over 5000 on demand spin classes that are not live.
Peloton bikes come with a 22-inch touchscreen, which allows you to track performance such as heart rate, resistance, cadence, output, calories burned and distances.
You can even compete with other riders on line to help push you to next fitness goals.
Is The Peloton Bike Worth It?
In order to find the best Peloton alternatives you are going to need to know the key features of Peloton bikes so that you can compare the features that other bikes have to offer.
What the Key Features of the Peloton bike?
Here is a look Peloton bike features.
- App for over 5000 on demand spin classes as well as 14 live classes that air different times of the day.
- Large 22 inch touchscreen
- Neodymium rare earth magnetic resistance
- Database of Pre-recorded workouts
- Smooth flywheel
- Several features to choose from
- Priced around $2245 for basic model
What exercise bikes are comparable to Peloton bike?
Now that we have looked at the Peloton bike and it’s features let’s have a look at some of the best Peloton alternatives that you can buy for less.
7 Best Peloton Alternatives You Can Buy
The NordicTrack Commercial Studio CycleS1222i and and the NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle S15i considered the CLOSEST best Peloton alternatives by people who have actually used both the NordicTrack and the Peloton.
How the NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle compares to the Peloton
In a side-by-side comparison NordicTrack has some features that similar to those Peloton and some features that users prefer.
- With both bikes you can do “on demand spin classes” matching your fitness level and by your favorite instructor.
- The Peloton bike does offer the option of live classes, the NordicTrack offers scenic bike rides through various parts of the world. In addition you can learn some interesting facts and history about these rides allowing you to learn more about famous rides all over the world.
- You can map your own trails using NoridicTrack, which is something the Peloton can also offer.
- The NordicTrack also comes with 2 free hand weights whereas the Peloton you pay extra for these.
- NordicTrack also offers incline. Peloton doesn’t.
Features of the NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle:
- Comes with 1 year iFit membership included with the bike
- Can have your choice of an 15 inch or 22 inch touchscreen streams on demand interactive trainer with global and studio workouts.
- 10% to 20% incline matching technology
- 24 resistance levels
- SMR (Silent Magnetic Resistance) tracks and delivers a smooth quiet workout.
- Price is around $1599.00 for the 15 inch screen model and $1999.00 for the 22 inch model making this model around $250.00 more than the NordicTrack
- Adjustable leveling for foot stability
- Maximum user weight 350 pounds
- Fully adjustable seat and handlebars
- Padded saddle
- Auto breeze workout fan
What users say about the NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle
They also like being able to choose different types of workouts including scenic rides to some pretty famous places in the world with their instructors even pointing out landmarks making you feel like you are really riding in these places.
The bike has sturdy construction and great hardware they enjoy the interactivity of these bicycles.
Another exercise bike that we reviewed that is considered one of the best Peloton alternatives is the Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle Bundle.
Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle Vs Peloton Bike
There are several reasons why the Keiser M3i is a excellent alternative to Peloton bikes.
- One of the things that make the Keiser M3i a great alternative for the Peloton bike is that this bike is extremely functional.
- It comes with a built in digital computer that provides immediate ride data apart from any single app, so you don’t need to app to track statistics such as power, cadence, Heart rate, energy and distance.
- You can use a variety of different apps with the Keiser M3i including the Peloton bike app so you can enjoy live and on demand spin classes.
How the Keiser M3i differs from the Peloton
- The Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle Bundle also accommodates users of all heights, shapes and weights whereas the Peloton is a bit more limited in this area.
- It has a unique V-shaped structure that accounts for its versatility.
- Its handlebars adjust two ways for a more comfortable fit
- Has a sportier ergonomic seat.
- The Keiser M3i also has 4-way ride adjustment, which also adds to the comfort of riding this bike.
- It also has 2-sided pedals (whereas Peloton only has 1 sided pedals)
- Keiser M3i price is about $400 less than the Peloton making it a more affordable alternative to the Peloton bike.
Features of the Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle
- M3i indoor cycle bundle comes with a Media tray, stretch pads, floor mat
- Magnetic resistance for a quieter ride
- Height 4 feet 10 inches to 7 feet
- Keiser M Series App can train with real-time graphs
- Almost Maintenance free
- Adjustable resistance levels
- Rear flywheel keeps your flywheel free from dripping sweat
- Backlit display automatically turns itself on when in low lighting conditions
What users say about the Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle
Users really like this exercise bike finding it pretty silent to use and they like that it can stream other apps.
The online computer comes alive almost the moment you start pedaling. The flywheel is good and the bike is steady. They also like the adjustability of this bike.
Users also like that you can use the Peloton app for only about $13.00 a month so you really don’t miss a single thing by purchasing this bike instead of the slightly more expensive Peloton bike.
The Echelon Smart Connect Fitness Bikes is another bike that is a good contender among the best Peloton alternatives reviewed in our buying guide.
Echelon Smart Connect Fitness Bikes compared to Peloton Bike
- Both of these bikes offer both live and on demand classes with great instructors.
- The Echelon EX5-S Bike of the same great features for a lower price than the Peloton making this bike more affordable to more people.
Features of the Echelon Smart Connect Fitness Bikes
- 21.5″ HD Touchscreen Display
- The Echelon fit App gives you a total immersive fitness experience
- Extra Large cushioned Adjustable seat
- Padded adjustable handlebars
- 4 bolt advanced device charging USB
- 32 resistance levels
- Compact size
- Precision resistance motor
- Powder coated frame
- Rear dumbbell holders
- Speed range from 4-28 mph
- Maximum weight capacity 300 pounds
What users like about the Echelon Smart Connect Fitness Bikes
Those who have used the Echelon EX5-S Smart Connect Fitness Bike (Black) find this bike easy to assemble, have great instructors through the Echelon app that really keep you motivated.
Best of all the they like the fact that the Echelon Smart Connect Fitness Bikes is so much cheaper than the Peloton while it gives you almost features.
4. No products found.
No products found.
If you are wondering why and if the No products found. is one of the best Peloton alternatives, you will find comfort in the fact that there are many people who think so for a number of different reasons.
However the difference in price is probably the biggest reason.
ProForm Smart Power vs Peloton
- The ProForm Smart Power costs around $1000 less than the Peloton bike and with the subscription service for this bike free for the first year most people feel this exercise bike is extremely affordable.
- This bike has a smaller screen, which moves both up and down and turns 180 degrees for easier viewing, whereas the Peloton screen may be larger, but it can only be adjusted up and down.
- In addition, the ProForm Smart Power has weighted dumbbells that come with them at no extra cost whereas you have to pay for dumbbells you if you want them with the Peloton.
- This bike also has automatic resistance adjustments and a console-mounted fan.
No products found.
Features of the Perform Smart Power 10.0
- 10 inch touchscreen with 180 degree rotation and up and down tilt
- 250 pound weight capacity
- iPod compatible audio with 2- 2 inch speakers
- 22 Resistance levels if you have iFit it allows for the personal trainer to digitally control resistance levels
- An adjustable padded seat
- Handlebars adjust up and down
- Front mounted transport wheels makes moving the ProForm simple and easy
- Can be connected to the Bluetooth heart rate monitor
What do users say about the Proform Smart Bike?
Most users really like the No products found. mainly because it is a good bike that sells for much less than most of the competition.
In addition, you can use the Peloton app with this bike, which allow you to enjoy those live and on demand classes without having to pay the high price for a Peloton bike.
Users also find this bike fun to use.
Peloton bikes have long been the most popular spin bikes on the market, but due to their extremely high price many people are eager to find the best Peloton alternatives to add to their home gyms.
For many people who are serious about fitness the Diamondback Fitness 1260c Studio Cycle Commercial Grade Magnetic Resistance Spin Bike has turned out to be a great substitute for popular but expensive Peloton.
Diamondback Fitness 1260c Studio Cycle Bike vs Peloton
- Both of these bikes are well made and stable and come with tons of features.
- While the Peloton offers live spin and on demand spin classes these come at a cost – whereas there is no added cost with the Diamondback Fitness 1260c comes with everything necessary to get a good workout.
- With the Diamondback Fitness 1260c, if you want to feel like you are in a gym spin class you can always download some videos to watch as your ride or you can simply enjoy the feel of working out with a sturdy and stable bike.
Features of the Diamondback Fitness 1260c Studio Cycle Spin Bike
- Commercial grade with rear-mounted magnetic resistance flywheel that is a nice weighty 31 pounds.
- Click and Adjust dual magnetic resistance
- 16 levels of resistance allows you to simulate both downhill and uphill rides
- Customizable rider settings
- Spring ride saddle
- The bike’s console has everything you need
- Individual dual sided pedals
- Tracks time, distance, calories, RPM, Heart Rate
- Water bottle holder
- Transport wheels
What users have to say about the Diamondback Fitness 1260c Studio Cycle Spin Bike:
Many users like the rear-mounted flywheel and find the assembly instructions simple to follow. They also feel that the quality of this bike and the resistance are better than with any other bike they have tried.
This bike is quite sturdy and the lever for the resistance is far superior to those dials for resistance.
Although there are only 16 resistance levels resistance is quite challenging and it will take most people up to the highest level.
Most people would not necessarily consider the Horizon Fitness 1C7.9 Content Ready Indoor Cycle as the best Peloton alternatives but those who have used it love the big savings and the cool features it brings.
Horizon Fitness 1C7.9 Content Ready Indoor Cycle vs Peloton
- For those who are looking for an affordable spin bike that you can easily afford and will allow you to enjoy your favorite spin classes at home without having to spend exorbitant amounts of your hard earned money just to get a Peloton.
- The horizon Fitness 1C7.9 does require you to use your own tablet, but it does have its own tablet holder which allows you to stream even the Peloton classes and gives you multiple training options.
- The bike is sturdily built, has a heavy flywheel and transport wheels to make moving this bike much easier.
- What makes this bike a good alternative for the Peloton is that it is only a 3rd of the price, which makes this bike more affordable to the largest number of people. Am not aware of anyone who would complain about saving money.
Features of the Horizon Fitness 1C7.9 Content Ready Indoor Cycle
- Smooth resistance is due to the aluminum flywheel
- Secure tablet holder built right in
- Precision resistance lever works better than the dials for changing resistance levels
- Dual sided pedals
- Cadence feedback
- Great price
Let’s hear from users of the Horizon Fitness 1C7.9 Content Ready Indoor Cycle?
Users who are looking for an affordable spin bike they can use at home, prefer the Horizon Fitness IC7.9 Content Ready Indoor Cycle, Repeatable Resistance, Cadence Display,... over other far more expensive bikes like the Peloton.
And you can still use the Peloton app with this bike by streaming live and on demand classes through your own tablet.
The main problem with this bike is that it lacks the durability and sturdiness of most of the other bikes in this review.
The Sole SB900 Indoor Cycle Bike may well be the best Peloton alternatives. Both bikes are sturdy and well made and use high quality parts.
Sole SB900 Indoor Cycle Bike vs Peloton Bike
- While the Peloton bike does allow you to stream both live and on demand spin classes and the Sole SB900 does not
- The Sole SB900 also comes in at about $1500 cheaper than the Peloton making many people if having those spin classes are worth the extra $1500 you pay.
- The Sole SB900 does provide a smooth ride and has can handle user weights up to 300 pounds.
- This is a durable bike that should provide you with years of almost maintenance free use.
Features of the Sole SB900 Indoor Cycle Bike
- Wireless display console
- Eddy current magnetic brake resistance
- 48 pound flywheel that is chrome plated
- Integrated console tracks RPM, time, Kcal, distance, speed
- Compatible with wireless Heart Rate Monitor (which is sold separately)
- Adjustable handlebars move both forward and backward and up and down
- Adjustable seat move forward and backwards
- Self-generating power
- Water bottle holder
- Durable Frame
- Powerful resistance
- 300 pound weight capacity
- Transport wheels
What do user say about the SB900
Users find the SOLE SB900 Indoor Cycle Bike to be easy to set up, quiet, durable and sturdy with a good tension adjustment. Users feel that this is a great bike that costs much less than the Peloton and feel it will hold up for many years of use. This may be the last exercise bike you will ever need.
For those wanting a good solid workout with powerful resistance the Sole SB900 is definitely a great substitute for the famous Peloton bike.
Resistance on this bike is powerful so you can expect to get an excellent workout using this bike.
Final Take: Should I buy a Peloton bike?
If you are looking for the best Peloton alternatives to buy for your home gym without breaking the bank then any of the bikes we have reviewed in this buying guide will accomplish that workout goal.
The popularly of the Peloton bike is mainly due to it being able to stream live classes, but most of the alternatives to Peloton reviewed on this list can use the Peloton app – which allows you to stream the same live classes while paying less overall.
So any of the bike reviews above should do most of what the Peloton does – with BIG savings!
|Find Your Fitness Accessories & Essentials:|
|› Fitbit Store||› Garmin Fitness Store|
|› Apple Fitness Store||› Shop NIKE Store|
|› Best Athletic Sneakers||› Best Women’s Sports Watches|
|› Best Men’s Athletic Watches||› Shop SUUNTO Fitness Tech|
|› Best Running Watches||› Shop Beats By Dre Headphones|
|› Best Running Waist Packs||› Women’s Running Shoes|
Related posts and buying guides that you may be interested in:
Best Affordable Alternatives To Peloton Bike
Last update on 2021-03-02 :
Disclosure: We may earn a small fee on purchases made through links on our site
Last update on 2021-03-02 : Disclosure: We may earn a small fee on purchases made through links on our site