BeatsX vs Powerbeats 3 Wireless Earphones: Which Should You Buy?
Category: Workout Headphones
Are you looking for an honest comparison between BeatsX vs Powerbeats 3 and what to know the difference between the two before you buy? This article is a must read.
BeatsX vs Powerbeats 3: A Brief Comparison
When comparing Beatsx vs Powerbeats 3 you should start out by knowing that these are both quality ear buds that are designed for different uses.
The Quality Power of Beats by Dre Headphones
BeatsX Wireless Earphones:
The BeatsX Wireless Earphones is designed for travel and easy listening, although they work great when taking a walk or working in an office as well. The BeatsX also gives you a more balanced sound Powerbeats 3 on the other hand are designed more for people who like listening to music while working out and those who prefer a bass sound.
The BeatsX Earphones also offers more choice of colors than does the Powerbeats 3 which only comes in black and multi-colored (if you want to pay for this option).
Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones:
Since the Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones is designed for working out they come with sturdy ear hooks to ensure that the ear buds don’t leave your ears no matter what type of workout you are doing.
The BeatsX Wireless Earphones on the other hand doesn’t use ear hooks since they fit snugly in the ear canal. However, you can get optional earwings with the BeatsX if you so desire.
While Powerbeats 3 ear buds are durable the wire for the buds is somewhat thin and flimsy whereas the BeatsX cord is thicker and more durable. It is also longer and fits comfortably around your neck.
Powerbeats 3 does have a longer battery life, with the battery for these ear buds lasting 12 hours while the BeatsX battery only lasts about 8 hours. However, both the Powerbeats3 Earphones and the BeatsX Earphones offer users a fast charging option.
There are other differences as well including the fact that the Powerbeats 3 costs more than the BeatsX .
Key Features of the BeatsX Wireless Earphones
In the battle of BeatsX Wireless vs Powerbeats 3 in order for you to decide which ear buds are right for you then you need to know the key features of each earphone.
Here is a look at the key features of the BeatsX:
- The BeatsX Wireless Earphones is compatible with both iOS operating systems and Android
- You get up to 8 hours listening time from the BeatsX
- These ear buds have a quick charge feature that allows you 2 hours of playback on a 5-minute charge.
- These ear buds have form flex cable for more comfortable wear
- These ear buds come in 4 different size options for better in the ear fit.
- These ear buds allow you to control your music and take phone calls. You can also activate Siri and it comes with a remote talk cable.
- When you purchase these ear buds you get the earphones, ear tips, a lighting to USB charging cable and a quick start guide.
Key Features of the Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones
Now that you know the key features of the Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones - Apple W1 Headphone Chip,... in the comparison battle of BeatsX vs Powerbeats 3 here is a look at the key features of the Powerbeats3 Earphones:
- Like the BeatsX the Powerbeats 3 is compatible with iOS systems and Android devices
- The Powerbeats 3 has a long battery life of up to 12 hours
- These ear buds has a quick start feature that gives you 1 hour of playback for a 5-minute charge.
- These earbuds come with secure ear hooks so the ear buds stay on your ear no matter what type of workout you do.
- The Powerbeats 3 is both sweat and water-resistant.
- The Powerbeats 3 has on ear controls, which allows you to make calls, listen to music and activate Siri.
- The cable for these ear buds are adjustable. You can loosen or tighten them for a more comfortable fit.
- When you purchase the Powerbeats 3 ear buds you get the ear buds themselves, 4 different size ear tips for a better fit, a carrying case and a Universal USB charging cable.
Important Differences in the Beatsx vs Powerbeats 3
While understanding the features of the BeatsX vs Powerbeats 3 is helpful in knowing which earphones are right for you, knowing the differences between the two ear buds is also important.
So here are some of the differences between the BeatsX and the Powerbeats 3
- The BeatsX Wireless headphones gives you a more balanced sound while the Powerbeats 3 is heavier on the bass.
- Another difference in the BeatsX vs Powerbeats 3 is that the Powerbeats 3 is both sweat and waterproof and the BeatsX is not.
- The BeatsX Earphones fits deeper in the ear canal than the Powerbeats 3 so that the BeatsX blocks out more ambient sound.
- The BeatsX uses a lighting to USB charging cord, whereas the Powerbeats 3 used a standard Universal USB cable.
- The BeatsX is designed mainly for travel and relaxation while the Powerbeats is designed for those people who like working out.
- When comparing the Beatsx vs Powerbeats 3 battery life. The BeatsX provides 8 hours of listening while the Powerbeats 3 provides 4 hours more.
- The BeatsX runs about $20.00 to $30.00 cheaper than the Powerbeats 3 normally costs.
How about the Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earphones?
If you liked the Powerbeats 3, you might also want to consider looking into the even more powerful and more popular Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earphones with over 10,000 Amazon reviews!
- Powerbeats Pro Wireless Features:
- Offers Iphone and Android compatibility
- provides up to 9hrs of music time without charging (24hrs with charge)
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity
- Sweat and water resistant (ideal for working out or running)
- Lightweight comfortable design
Beatsx vs Powerbeats 3: Which is Better?
If you are looking for a pair of good ear buds for travel or leisure that gives you a balanced sound to your music for a fairly reasonable price then the BeatsX Earphones is definitely better than the Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones
However, if you want a pair of earbuds to use while working out and like a heavy bass sound then you will probably find the Powerbeats3 Earphones your best choice.
In the battle of the Beatsx vs Powerbeats 3 the best ear buds is going to be the best ear buds for you.
What type of headphones or earbuds are you looking for? Let’s help you quickly find the cheapest and best workout headphones by type or features:
|Find Your Workout Headphones By Features:|
|› Best Over-Ear Headphones||› Best On-Ear Headphones|
|› Best Earbuds||› Best In-Ear Headphones|
|› Best Wireless Headphones||› Best Foldable Headphones|
|› Best Lightweight Headphones||› Best Noise-Isolating Headphones|
|› Best Noise-Canceling Headphones||› Best Water-Resistant Headphones|
You may also want to check out our resources below:
Beats by Dre Headphones
Interested in more options in this category? Check out our extended product listing below:
Last update on 2021-04-15 : Disclosure: We may earn a small fee on qualified purchases made through links on this blog